An excellent value mid to large sized gyuto that's big enough for wide range of jobs but light and nimble in hand with all the benefit of the super blue edge retention without breaking the bank.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 249mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 407mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 48.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.05mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.01mm (Measured halfway along spine) 0.78mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 178 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal single piece oak
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: OUL-003-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
OUL Sakai are a brand based in Sakai, one of Japan's biggest knife making locations and who work with a range of blacksmiths, workshops and factories to provide a selection of knives in different steels and with a focus on very competitive price points across their products.