Forged by master blacksmith Itsuo Doi for Sakai Takayuki it's a big, tall, bold and stylish gyuto with an excellent convex grind, intricate and detailed hand hammered finish and is a knife very much for those who like a feeling of weight!
The knife is sold with a friction fit magnolia saya designed specifically for it included in the price.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 213mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 377mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.7mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 55.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 225 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Burnt Finish Octagonal Urushi Oak
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SAK-0002
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Itsuo Doi for Sakai Takayuki
For more than 50 years, Doi San has been making top class knives.