Almost a work of art, the high polish suminagashi finish is as stunning as the cutting performance and edge retention.
- Blade Length: 234mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 388mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 50.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.56mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 209 grams
- Core Steel: SG2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal bocote with black or marble buffalo horn
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SUKE-008-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
A small workshop founded in 1933 and based in Toyama, Sukenari are led by 3rd generation blacksmith Nobuo Hanaki and are widely regarded not only for their traditional skills in making honyaki forged knives but also for their innovative work and making incredible blades from modern super steels.