An absolutely beautiful bunka knife with an understated matte finish tapering to expose a thin line of SG2 core steel where every knife is unique.
The SG2 core steel is clad in SG2 powder steel and provides a great level of hardness and edge sharpness and retention and when combined with a well fitted and finished two tone pakka wood handle we think this is a lovely looking knife.
The bunka is a great shape and offers versatility across a wide range of meat, fish and vegetable prep jobs and at 165mm, it's a perfect all rounder.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 300mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.8mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 45mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 150 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: SG2
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Pakka wood
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Based in Seki City - home of Japanese sword and knife making for more than 800 years, Suncraft have specialised in knives and kitchen tools for generations.