Sabaki means 'handling' in Japanese and in this case the Sabaki knife is used primarily for handling and removing the meat from bones (but not cutting through them) easily and quickly.
Its sturdy construction and varied lengths make it a very useful addition to the kitchen if you are regularly working with meat. You can get in and around the carcass with ease and accuracy.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Blade Thickness: 4mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia (light) with plastic bolster or octagonal (dark) pakka
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MURA-013
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takeo Murata is a blacksmith from Kochi Japan who began his apprenticeship at 16 in 1965 and is famed for his craftsmanship and the balance of his knives.