A beautiful right handed, single bevel mid size gyuto offering good height clearance made by Yauji Yoshihiro under the watchful eye of master blacksmith Hideo Kitaoka. Light, nimble and a superb piece of craft.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 244mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 399mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 50.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.66mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 165 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal walnut
- Left or Right handed: Right only (Single Bevel)
Product SKU: 9203
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Born in 1983, Yoshihiro san is already an highly experienced blacksmith having completed the long apprecenticeship under the tutelage of master Hideo Kitaoka.