Love the contrast between the dark blade and shiny cutting edge. The hammered dimples look great but also help prevent food sticking to the blade when cutting. A great addition to any kitchen.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 320mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3.3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 58mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 170 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).