Love the contrast between the dark blade and shiny cutting edge. The hammered dimples look great but also help prevent food sticking to the blade when cutting. A great addition to any kitchen.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 320mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3.3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 58mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 170 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you getBeautiful blue fibre boxes with the Masakage logo and name in silver foil on the lid. On the inside you will find a blue stepped inlay and your beautiful knife of course, wrapped in Japanese newspaper by the craftsmen who made it. So while not working on your knife skills you can catch up your Japanese language skills.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).