This is a thicker bladed knife designed for making light work of poultry so boning that chicken, duck or pheasant is a breeze.
The honesuki is a Japanese boning knife with a triangular shaped tip and a significantly thicker blade than most other knives.
The Honesuki is designed to make short work of boning chicken, pheasant, duck or any other poultry you're working on.
- Blade Length: 158mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 300mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3.1mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 40mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 113 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you getBeautiful blue fibre boxes with the Masakage logo and name in silver foil on the lid. On the inside you will find a blue stepped inlay and your beautiful knife of course, wrapped in Japanese newspaper by the craftsmen who made it. So while you're not working on your knife skills you can catch up your Japanese language
Knife making is in Anryu-san's blood. A fourth generation knife maker and has been working as a blacksmith for well over 50 years.