The absolutely beautiful fit and finish of the ginsan steel combined with the very versatile kiritsuke shape on this large petty will make this a very useful knife in any kitchen.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 150mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 288mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.16mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 32mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 84 grams
- Sharpness score: 130 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Ginsanko Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal sakura cherrywood or walnut with black bolster
- Restock Time: 3-4 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 9852
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Yamatsuka-san is one of a fairly small number of Sakai blacksmiths who choose to work with ginsan steel his knives are beautifully made and the finishing grind and sharpening from Maruyama-san ensure each one is of an exceptional quality.