An absolutely beautiful bunka knife with an understated matte finish tapering to expose a thin line of SG2 core steel where every knife is unique.
The SG2 core steel is clad in R2 powder steel and provides a great level of hardness and edge sharpness and retention and when combined with a well fitted and finished two tone pakka wood handle we think this is a lovely looking knife.
The bunka is a great shape and offers versatility across a wide range of meat, fish and vegetable prep jobs and at 165mm, it's a perfect all rounder.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 300mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.8mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 45mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 150 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: SG2
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Based in Seki City - home of Japanese sword and knife making for more than 800 years, Suncraft have specialised in knives and kitchen tools for generations.