A perfect mid to large sized gyuto in the range and quite simply - it's incredible!
Uniquely patterned and finished, the R2/SG2 steel core clad in stainless steel looks out of this world and the edge retention is exceptional. If you're in the market for a large gyuto from a world class blacksmith then look no further.
- Blade Length: 240mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 395mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 50mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 166 grams
- Sharpness score: 160 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: R2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal walnut
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.