Made by veteran blacksmith Hiroshi Kato San this petty is a real beauty. Kiri means mist in Japanese and this is perfectly portrayed by the damascus stainless cladding that protects the VG10 core steel.
This is a low maintenance knife due to being completely stainless, cuts well and will stay sharp for a long time thanks to the qualities of the VG10 core.
- Blade Length: 171mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 316mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 111 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you getBeautiful blue fibre boxes with the Masakage logo and name in silver foil on the lid. On the inside you will find a blue stepped inlay and your beautiful knife of course, wrapped in Japanese newspaper by the craftsmen who made it. So while you're not working on your knife skills you can catch up your Japanese!
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).