A beautiful right handed, single bevel mid size gyuto made by Yauji Yoshihiro under the watchful eye of master blacksmith Hideo Kitaoka. Light, nimble and a superb piece of craft.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 363mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.7mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 46.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 140 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Blue Steel #2
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Right only
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal walnut
Product SKU: 9202
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Born in 1983, Yoshihiro san is already an highly experienced blacksmith having completed the long apprecenticeship under the tutelage of master Hideo Kitaoka.