Thin, light and a classic construction. If you're wanting to experience carbon steel at an excellent price then the versatile mid sized gyuto is a great choice.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 220mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 357mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4.64mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 49.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 147 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Keyaki with black plastic bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: KYO-0002
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
A young emerging blacksmith from Tosa, Shindo san already had several years experience in blade making before working independently and is undoubtedly one of the new wave of Japanese blacksmiths you'll hear more about in future.