A weighty and classy all rounder made by Nakagawa-san for Hatsukokoro, despite the name this is not a bone crushing cleaver but a general use chef knife ideal for a wide range of jobs thanks to its flat profile and excellent thin cutting edge.
🔶 Each cleaver in this range has a unique handle so the photos shown above are of the knife available for purchase.
- Blade Length: 174mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 275mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 76mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.58mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.92mm (Measured halfway along spine) 2.32mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 422 grams
- Core Steel: Silver 3
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SAT-0017-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Satoshi Nakagawa for Hatsukokoro
Satoshi-san is a highly skilled blacksmith who trained and worked under master Kenichi Shiraki until his retirement at which point he took up the reins closing Shiraki knives and starting a new chapter.