A fantastic tall gyuto with an exceptional heat treat and high level of hardness, the Shirogami #1 boasts excellent cutting performance and edge retention.
- Blade Length: 222mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 362mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 54.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.33mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 185 grams
- Core Steel: White #1
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 64-65 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: D-shaped oval magnolia with plastic ferrule
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: FUJ-012-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Teruyasu San makes all his knives from scratch and completes the whole process himself, the quality, sharpness, hardness and edge retention of his knives is simply stunning.