The trusty sidekick you've been looking for! Comfortable in hand, lightweight and a great edge, what more can you want.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 130mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 244mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 28.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.80mm (Spine width above the heel) 1.72mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.16mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 71 grams
- Core Steel: SLD
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Various
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: GIH-001
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Based in Sanjo, Gihei Hamono is led by fourth generation head knife maker Atushi Hosokawa-san and his son Takashi and have been creating quality blades since the 1920's. They are an innovative and forward thinking company who specialise in working with modern high performance steels as well as traditional materials.