If you're a fan of the large gyuto then you're in for a treat. This is savagely sharp right out of the box and the finish and profile are excellent while remaining light and well balanced this is a big knife that you're going to reach for a lot!
- Blade Length: 277mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 428mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 55.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.15mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 222 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Walnut with black buffalo bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: HAT-025
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Master Blacksmith - Made for Hatsukokoro
One of Japan's leading master blacksmiths has created this range for Hatsukokoro and due to existing partnerships between the blacksmith and their other partners we're not able to name him but we are very happy to have this master's work available on our site.