The largest gyuto we sell in this range, this is a real head turner!
Made of Aogami blue #2 steel and clad in stainless steel this is knife that has the best of both worlds, the joy of carbon but with the easy to care for addition of stainless cladding.
This is hand-made knife therefore each one is unique, the hammered finish really is a sight to behold, you can really get a sense of the fact that it was hand-made in a forge.
Very thin behind the edge with an excellent grind, but that's what you get from a blacksmith with over 50 years experience!
- Blade Length: 244mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 399mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 51mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 180 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Walnut with black buffalo ferrule (Oval or octagonal - see comfort section above)
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1107
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takumi Ikeda / Katsushige Anryu
The aogami range has been made for many years by master blacksmith Anryu san but with his retirement at the start of 2021, production of this line has passed to his nephew and apprentice and highly skilled blacksmith Takumi Ikeda who continues to make the knives in the same way.