A knife capable of every job in the kitchen but with the lightness you'd expect of a much shorter knife.
The Aogami super blue ensures that the edge will last for a long time between sharpens and the stainless cladding means that it won't need as much care as a full carbon blade.
Like his other range, the Iron Clad these knives are spectacularly sharp out of the box which given that he is one of the best sharpeners in Japan is no surprise.
- Blade Length: 244mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 399mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 48mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 159 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood
Product SKU: 1954
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takumi Ikeda/Takayuki Shibata
Made by Takumi Ikeda and sharpened by Shibata san who is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan.