The Type 3 petty is an excellent utility knife carrying through the same very thin profile and edge the Koutetsu lines are famed for.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 138mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 264mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 27.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.97mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 66 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood
Product SKU: KOU-010
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his ranges are famed for the quality of sharpness and finish.