This is a thicker bladed knife designed for making light work of poultry, so boning that chicken, duck or pheasant is a breeze.
A triangular shaped tip and a significantly thicker blade than most other knives the Honesuki is designed to make short work of boning chicken, pheasant, duck or any other poultry you're working on.
- Blade Length: 155mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 296mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4.4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 40mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 119 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).