The shortest of the Gyutos in this range. The handmade blade is a work of art and it looks like snow.
Using laminated white #2 steel this knife gives you amazing sharpness while still being stain-resistant. The cutting edge though will take on a patina (rust coloured patterning) as it is carbon steel but we like that, it ages well with its owner and takes on a character of its own. Treat it well and it will last a lifetime.
- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 324mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 45mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 135 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia
- Restock Time: Highly variable, sometimes 6-9 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 2214
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).