The Nakiri is perfect for chopping vegetables, its flat profile means it's easier to get all the way through the veg to the board and ensure each slice is cut all the way through and this is a classic nakiri from Masakage.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 60mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 170 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Magnolia
- Restock Time: Highly variable, sometimes 6-9 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 2205
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).