The Nakiri is perfect for chopping vegetables (it's not a meat cleaver despite first impressions!). The flat profile of the blade means it's easier to get all the way through the veg to the board and ensure each slice is cut all the way through. It is best used with a chopping action (up and down) and the wide blade is great for transferring your chopped veg from board to pot.
These knives are really handy additions to any kitchen and look stunning and very different from your usual kitchen knife, take a risk and enjoy yourself.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 60mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 170 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).