One of the most coveted knives around, the KS from Masamoto is famous for its exceptional blade quality and sharpness.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 251mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 405mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 174 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: White #2 or Swedish
- Steel Type - Core: White #2 or Swedish
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (White #2) or 60 (Swedish) (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: D shaped ho wood with blonde ferrule
Product SKU: 2652
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
For over 150 years Masamoto Knives have been making the highest quality cutlery and are the number one sushi knife maker in Japan. They are the choice of many professionals and amateur chefs due to their quality and craftsmanship.