The longest of the gyutos in this range it can deal with larger cuts of meat. Gyutos are narrower than santokus which makes for a cleaner slice as not as much of the blade passes through the meat.
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 365mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 150 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 65 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal Japanese Zelkova wood and mahogany handle
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.