The longest of the gyutos in this range it can deal with larger cuts of meat. Gyutos are narrower than santokus which makes for a cleaner slice as not as much of the blade passes through the meat.
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 365mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 150 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 65 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.