Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 305mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 459mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 57.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.09mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 207 grams
- Core Steel: VG1
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: Approx 60 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval morado wood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: TSU-0017
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
At the moment due to the length and height of this gyuto we do not have any specific saya or guards available for it.
If you wish to protect the edge of the knife while in a roll or drawer, you can use a sujihiki size (31x3.2cm) blade guard.
Meet the maker
Tsunehisa is a brand that supply knives from a range of blacksmiths and forges from around Japan including Sakai, Tosa and Seki and as such the range of knives available under the Tsunehisa name features a wide range of steels, styles and finishes but each one has a high level of quality and finish in common.