An astonishingly sharp knife made from some of the hardest steel we've seen, it will hold its edge for a very long time and looks great while making short work of any food in front of it.
The unique shape of the bunka knife means that it is perfect for veg prep and for intricate tip work. The knife is made from a core steel of ZDP-189, a very hard steel (66-67 HRC), which means it can achieve and hold an incredibly sharp edge.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 188mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 322mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 51mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 148 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: ZDP-189
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 66-67 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Various - Typically either octagonal walnut or oval rosewood
Product SKU: 2258
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.