Slightly different to the normal petty shape in that it has a reverse tanto tip like a bunka, this is called 'kiritsuke' (literally 'split open') and is now found in lots of different knives giving an added layer of interest! It's also really useful for intricate tip work.
The petty is a great addition to your knife collection, this one is a decent length making it perfect for on the board work for small veg such as onion, peppers etc. It's nimble and easy to use and great when you're short of space and can't be wielding a long gyuto!
The knife is made from a core steel of ZDP-189, a very hard steel (66-67 HRC), which means it can achieve and hold an incredibly sharp edge.
- Blade Length: 132mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 258mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.5mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 29mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 64 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: ZDP-189
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 66-67 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.