Masakage Yuki Gyuto 180mm
The shortest of the Gyutos in this range. The handmade blade is a work of art and it looks like snow.
Using laminated white #2 steel this knife gives you amazing sharpness while still being stain-resistant. The cutting edge though will take on a patina (rust coloured patterning) as it is carbon steel but we like that, it ages well with its owner and takes on a character of its own. Treat it well and it will last a lifetime.
- Blade Length 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length 324mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 45mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 135 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge White #2
- Left or Right handed Either
- Hardness 61-63 HRC
- Handle style Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).