The shortest of the Gyutos in this range. The handmade blade is a work of art and it looks like snow.
Using laminated white #2 steel this knife gives you amazing sharpness while still being stain-resistant. The cutting edge though will take on a patina (rust coloured patterning) as it is carbon steel but we like that, it ages well with its owner and takes on a character of its own. Treat it well and it will last a lifetime.
- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 324mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 45mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 135 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).