A real understated beauty that combines the best of all worlds, it's VG10 core clad in an easy to maintain stainless mean performance is excellent and the polished finish provides a visual treat when it's stored on your knife rack.
Well balanced and nimble we think Tanaka san has created an excellent knife for a wide range of cooks and collectors.
- Blade Length: 182mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 321mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.76mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 48.15mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 137 grams
- Sharpness score: 167 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal wa teak and black buffalo
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.