A bigger and proportionately heavier knife than the others in the range, the taller and flatter profile of the kiritsuke version of the gyuto is an ideal choice for a wide range of jobs, in particular fish prep. Perfect for those looking for a bigger and heavier gyuto.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 241mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 400mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.28mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 46.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 247 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Angled wenge and black buffalo
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 11508
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Motokyuuchi / Hatsukokoro
This range is made for Hatsukokoro by the Motokyuuchi workshop. Led by 5th generation blacksmith Yasuhide Maeda, Motokyuuchi have been making knives and blades since 1895.