The minute you open the box you'll be in love with the unique hammered finish and the striking rosewood handle that combine to give a look that's definitely Japanese but with the comforting style of a rugged Western handle.
It's a superb all rounder and if you're not rushing to buy it by the time you've finished reading we'd be amazed!
- Blade Length: 185mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 308mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.77mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46.25mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 136 grams
- Sharpness score: 145 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60 (HRC)
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Rosewood with 2 steel rivets
Product SKU: 2454
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.