Forged in the workshop of Shigeki Tanaka the light nashiji finish of this knife combined with a sandblasted style tapering down to the blue #2 steel cutting edge definitely create an interesting contrast that feels good to the touch while performing strongly in the kitchen.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 155mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 283mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 31mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 8104
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.