Completely hand-made by Yukihiro-san with a durable shirogami / white #1 core clad in soft-iron with a kurouchi finish, the ko-bocho is a wonderfully versatile small knife with a lot of cutting power.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 123mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 240mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 37.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.25mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 73 grams
- Core Steel: White #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Rosewood with plastic ferrule
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: YUKIH-001
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yukihiro Sakai is now an independent blacksmith carrying on the traditional style of forge welding knives in-house having spent his apprenticeship learning his craft under Nishida. He represents one of the next generation of blacksmiths who still enjoy working in a traditional style and making everything in-house.