Lightweight, nimble and sharp. The santoku is a great all rounder and you'll enjoy the ease with which you can sharpen this steel and its overall durability and edge retention.
Perfect for a buy chef or kitchen.
- Blade Length: 175mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 326mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 1.97mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 47.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 124 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: HAP40
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 64-65 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal walnut
Product SKU: 9003
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Hatsukokoro Seki City
Made in Seki City, Japan the HAP40 is a machine stamped blade that benefits from the attention to detail of a hand sharpening and finishing process .