Masakage Shimo Gyuto 210mm
Well balanced and just the right length for an all round chef knife, the light and thin blade stays sharp and is a joy to look at as well as use.
The gyuto is the Japanese equivalent of a chef's knife and there's not a lot it cannot do. Longer than a santoku the extra blade length means cutting meat is easier as it can be done in one pass. This shorter version of the gyuto is also at home chopping veg and performing precise work using the pointed tip. You could get away with having this as your only knife!
- Blade Length 220mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length 360mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 47mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 147 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge Shirogami #2
- Left or Right handed Either
- Hardness 61-63 HRC
- Handle style Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.