Masakage Shimo Santoku
Lovely to look at and thanks to it's lightweight construction the Shimo is one of our new favourites in the kitchen. It certainly stands out on the rack thanks to that unique frost pattern!
- Blade Length 170mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 45mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 114 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge Shirogami #2
- Left or Right handed Either
- Hardness 61-63 HRC
- Handle style Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.