Masakage Shimo Sujihiki 270mm
A very well balanced carving knife with a wickedly sharp edge and profile. Longer and thinner than a Gyuto the design allows you to cut through meat in a single stroke to avoid ripping leaving you with better, cleaner cuts.
- Blade Length 272mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length 429mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 41mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 167 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge Shirogami #2
- Left or Right handed Either
- Hardness 61-63 HRC
- Handle style Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.