Completely hand-made by Yukihiro-san with a durable shirogami / white #1 core clad in soft-iron with a kurouchi finish, the santoku is a versatile chef knife with a lot of cutting power.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 183mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 318mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.55mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 42.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 119 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Core: White #1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Rosewood with plastic ferrule
- Restock Time: 6 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 11302
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Yukihiro Sakai is now an independent blacksmith carrying on the traditional style of forge welding knives in-house having spent his apprenticeship learning his craft under Nishida. He represents one of the next generation of blacksmiths who still enjoy working in a traditional style and making everything in-house.