Like a cross between a small Santoku and a Petty knife, the Ko-Bocho is ideally suited to a range of intricate roles primarily working with vegetables and foods that, as a general guide, you can hold in your hand while working.
Completely hand-made in white#1 steel this ko-bocho has a highly polished finish with a soft-iron cladding. This means the knife is reactive and will produce a lovely patina over time.
- Blade Length: 121mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 240mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 39mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 4mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 89 grams
- Core Steel: White #1
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval cherry wood with a black plastic bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 2058
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Based in Kumamoto, Nishida San became a disciple to another blacksmith when he was 19. After 9 years training, in 2006, he went his own way and opened his own workshop. He works with White #1 steel in the traditional hand-made way.