Looking for a high quality and trusty sidekick for every job then this definitely fits the bill! It hits all the positive notes in a gyuto - well balanced, excellent sharpness right of the box and looks wonderful.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 214mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 367mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 45.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 179 grams
- Sharpness score: 124 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal wenge (or custom available)
- Restock Time: 3-4 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 8701
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Established in 1919 in the city of Sanjo, Yoshikane Hamono have a well deserved reputation for their high quality craftsmanship and finishing.