Like a cross between a small Santoku and a Petty knife, the Ko-Bocho is ideally suited to a range of intricate roles primarily working with vegetables and foods that, as a general guide, you can hold in your hand while working.
Completely hand-made in white#1 steel this ko-bocho has a highly polished finish with a soft-iron cladding. This means the knife is reactive and will produce a lovely patina over time.
- Blade Length: 121mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 240mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 39mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 89 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Core: White #1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval cherry wood with a black plastic bolster
- Restock Time: 9-12 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 2058
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Based in Kumamoto, Nishida San became a disciple to another blacksmith when he was 19. After 9 years training, in 2006, he went his own way and opened his own workshop. He works with White #1 steel in the traditional hand-made way.