A super nakiri with a relatively flat profile, its traditional construction also adds a little extra weight which really helps this knife power through vegetables with ease.
The grind down to the white #1 steel core and classic kurouchi finish combine nicely to create a subtle but classic knife that will age beautifully as it develops a full patina with use.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 174mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 324mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.7mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 51.7mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 183 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Core: White #1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oval cherry wood with a black plastic bolster
- Restock Time: 9-12 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 2057
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Based in Kumamoto, Nishida San became a disciple to another blacksmith when he was 19. After 9 years training, in 2006, he went his own way and opened his own workshop. He works with White #1 steel in the traditional hand-made way.