Kato san's classic aogami super with a classy and understated nashiji finish is a great all rounder and shows off an understated design paired with a quality finish and edge.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 214mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 363mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.9mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 46.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 165 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Walnut with buffalo horn bolster
Product SKU: 9163
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San and is a highly skilled and renowned blacksmith working at the Takefu knife village where he creates his own ranges of knives as well as knives for other brands such as Masakage.